|Description: During the 1950's and 1960's many camps and
even councils started providing baseball type caps. A very specialized type of
patch was produced for many of these hats shaped as a small diamond. One of the
largest producers of these patches was located in New Jersey. The designs tended
to be simple and often on a twill base.
Eastern Arkansas Area Council followed this trend, with our own ballcap. These caps were offered in our trading post from about 1960 through 1965. The small patch featured a very small rendering of our standard camp shield pocket patch. The patch was probably produced in quanity then locally attached to the hat stock once received by our council. When a hat wore out, very often the patch was removed by the owner. Most likely very few of the patches in mint condition were distributed. Today, only a few of the ones that still exist are mint. The bulk show evidence of having been sown to the original hat.
|Camp Location: Hardy, Arkansas
Characteristics: White twill; Green cut edge; 60x50mm.
|Back to Old Cedar Valley Index|
Copyright © 2000-2004
EAAC Historical Preservation Society
Rev 25 Nov 2004 sw